Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Why?

So, for anyone who doesn't know the details, this is my current theory on why I've been having all these miscarriages. 

This article sums it up well:

  http://www.livescience.com/22706-super-fertility-recurrent-miscarriages.html

Essentially, the theory is that some women have a uterine lining that is "too" receptve to embryos.  While as a "normal" woman will have a uterine lining that will reject low quality embryos, some women ahve a uterine lining that will let anything implant.  This leads to a shorter time to pregnancy than average (me) and a greater number of miscarriages than average (me) because the body fails to reject the low quality embryos. 

So, hopefully, IVF can help to preserve any fertility I have left and with PGS I can pick only the good chromosonally sound embryos to put back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment