Wednesday, April 17, 2013

IVF 1.2 (?) Update

So, on Sunday the Doc had me come in and check things out.  I had the following follicles:  16, 13, 13, 12, 10,7 and they later told me my estrogen was 180.  So, I'm feeling slightly vindicated for keeping going.  I asked the doc about the Ganirelix to stop me from ovulating the 16 before the others were ready.  He seemed unconcerned but said I could start it Tuesday night if I really wanted to.  I started it Monday night.  I know follicles grow 1-2 mm a day and I didn't want the 16 to become an 18 and ovulate before the others were ready.

Well it worked!  Today, Tuesday, the follicles were at 18, 17.5, 17, 16, 12, 10, 8, 7, 7.  So the 4 good ones are still going strong and are really close in size.  The Ganirelix let the 16 slow down and the 12 and 13s catch up. 

The nurse today said the doc wants to see a minimum of 3 to do IVF.  Now, I'm not sure I want to do IVF with him.  I've already made another appointment with a different doc who might see more willing to work with someone with DOR.  But, if I go to a new doc, I'm afraid that I'll have to start this whole process over again which just sounds exhausting.  At the same time, I don't know if this doc is able and willing to treat me.

My plan is still to do my 4 IVFs covered by insurance and freeze all embryos we get.  Then once we have a pile start putting them back.  Whatever doc I start that process with I'm stuck with.  I wouldn't want frozen embryos all over the place.

So, what should I do?  IUI this month with 4 very good follicles and 2 behind?  Or stick with this doc and start building my pile of embryos?  Or just do one cycle of IVF with this doc and if that doesn't work do my next 3 IVFs with a different doc?  (I really don't think I'd the third option.  If I'm going to do IVF I'd like to try to build the pile.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment