Thursday, April 25, 2013

Letter to the new doc

So I want to write a letter to the new doc to explain my history and wishes as succinctly as possible.  Here goes:

Dear Dr. Hirshfeld,

I don't know if you remember me or not.  I started seeing Dr. Stephenson after my second miscarriage.  She did lots of testing on me and never found anything wrong.  I followed her when she moved from U of C to U of I and I met you during my next pregnancy.  This one turned out to be monoamniotic identical twins.  This would be my third miscarriage.  I got pregnant again quickly after that and immediately had my fourth miscarriage under your care.  We talked and I decided I wanted to try to do IVF with PGD, to hopefully find a the euploid embryos.

I went to see Dr. Hickey at Hinsdale IVF and as I started my IVF cycles it became clear that I have Diminshed Ovarian Reserve.  My first cycle was cancelled when I only had 3 follicles developing and my next cycle I only had 4 follicles develop.  My FSH was always around 5-7, but my AMH was at 0.24.  Additionally, it became apparent that my hormones were also out of sync as my Progesterone began to rise before ovulation.

Here's what I would like to do.  I have infertility coverage on my insurance and I would like to do 4 IVF cycles in which we would freeze all embryos we get and then start putting them back in a hormonally balanced cycle.  I hope this would circumvent the previously listed problems and hopefully preserve whatever fertility I have left so we can continue to grow our family.

Thank you for reading this.  I'm really hoping you can help me.

Signed, Me



So how does that sound?  If you were just reading this letter from the outside would it make sense?  

No comments:

Post a Comment